- Delegate voting strength is determined by averaging past 12-month per capita payment (April 1, 2019-March 31, 2020).
- For locals in existence for less than 12 months, voting strength is determined by the monthly average of per capita tax paid.
- IAFF Executive Board passed a motion based on its authority in the IAFF Constitution to reschedule the 55th Convention until January 2021 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Monday, September 3
- IAFF Executive Board passed a motion to cancel the 2021 Affiliate Leadership Training Summit (ALTS).
- IAFF Executive Board reaffirmed its commitment that the 55th Convention would be conducted January 25-29, 2021, but because of the continued travel and meeting restrictions in the United States and Canada, the Board has prepared four options for how the Convention could be conducted.
- The four options are:
- All in-person at Caesar’s Forum in Las Vegas
- All in-person conducted in two separate locations (Caesar’s Forum in Las Vegas in the U.S. and Hyatt Regency Vancouver in Canada) simultaneously and connected digitally
- Hybrid (in-person with virtual option)
- Emergency Convention – all virtual
- The four options are:
Monday, September 21
- All per capita tax and EDF loans must be current through August 2020 in order to access the online credential/registration process.
- Affiliate presidents, secretaries and secretary-treasurers will receive an email notice that access to the online Convention information – including credentials, registration, proxies, hotel reservation information, etc. – is available.
- The ability to credential delegates, alternates and proxies is available only to the affiliate president or secretary-treasurer and only to locals with up-to-date per capita tax payments.
- If you had previously completed your registration, no further action is needed. We will honor that registration. If you had started the credentialing process but did not finish, you will be able to pick up where you left off and make any necessary changes.
- The Executive Board will consider the current guidance on the coronavirus and the travel/meeting restrictions in place and make the final decision about how Convention will be conducted at the October Executive Board meeting based on the options above.
- All per capita and EDF loans must be paid through November 2020 to be seated at Convention.
Monday, November 30
- Censure resolutions must be received by the General President (at least 60 days prior to Convention).
Monday, December 7
- All resolutions (except censure resolutions) must be received by the General Secretary-Treasurer via mail, email (preferred) by 5:00 p.m. EST (at least 50 days prior to Convention).
- Any resolution received after this deadline will be returned to sender.
Tuesday, December 15
- The online process for proxies and alternate proxies must be completed by 5:00 p.m. EST.
Saturday, January 23
It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that online credentials be complete BEFORE arriving at Convention.
Sunday, January 24 and Monday January 25
Credential check-in and Convention registration begins
- Note: per capita tax and EDF loan payments must be received for the month of November 2020 to seat delegates at Convention.
- Registration hours:
- Sunday, January 24 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, January 25 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Convention ID badges MUST be picked up by Monday, January 25 by 5:00 p.m. in order to be seated at Convention.
Monday, January 25
- Opening Ceremony / General Session begins
Tuesday, January 26
- General Session
Wednesday, January 27
- Nominations for General President, General Secretary-Treasurer and Trustees during the morning of the General Session
- Caucuses meet mid-day to nominate District Vice Presidents
Thursday, January 28
- Elections for all contested races take place
- Convention ends