What You Need to Know (and Do) Before Convention Starts
- Per capita tax and EDF loan payments must be received for the month of November 2020 to seat delegates at Convention.
- Review the basic system requirements for accessing Convention proceedings online. The platform is optimized to work best on Google Chrome, but can also be viewed using Safari or FireFox browsers. Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge are not supported.
- Download a custom Zoom background
- Credential check-in and Convention registration is open from 12:00 p.m. EST Saturday, January 23–Monday, January 25. In addition to registering and paying to attend Convention, all delegates/alternates must check in to receive their credentials just as you would for an in-person convention. These credentials will include your badge number that will allow delegates to speak from the floor on the virtual platform. It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that online credentials be complete BEFORE the start of Convention. All registered delegates and alternates must log in to the virtual Convention platform by 5:00 p.m. (ET) on Monday, January 25, 2021, to be credentialed. All registered delegates and alternates who have not logged in to the virtual Convention platform by 5:00 p.m. (ET) on Monday, January 25, 2021, to be credentialed must contact their District Vice President. A floor vote by the delegates is then required before a delegate may be seated.
- Make sure we have your correct home address in the IAFF membership database prior to January 25. Login to check or update your home mailing address. The secret ballot process for IAFF officer elections will be conducted by a vote by mail. Election ballots will be sent to delegates’ home address using USPS Priority Mail in the contiguous United States, Canada Post Priority Mail in Canada, and UPS in Alaska, Hawaii and Guam.
- Review the Convention resolutions
- Review the Convention agenda for the week.
- Visit the IAFF Online Store for Convention merchandise.
- Share your Convention experience on social media using #IAFFConvention.